Who does not love a creamy, tasty herbal spread to have on their morning sandwich ?
Here is a recipe for a fully raw, plant based cream cheese alternative that tastes absolutely amazing.
Best served with on a fully raw crisp-bread.
Make sure to use all organic & raw ingredients.
START WITH THIS
1. Soak big 1 cup (2 dl.) of Brazil-nuts over night (Using raw organic cashew nuts is an alternative that does not require soaking).
2. Mix with the following ingredients in a food processor
– 1 clove of garlic (important! for the lovely taste and as a preservative agent)
– A big handful of parsley
– 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1-2 tablespoons of water
– 1/2 teaspoon of sea-salt (unbleached & unprocessed)
3. Start the food processor
Let it run for about 1-3 minutes. You will notice that some bigger residues will get assemble on the top and not get fully mixed in.
4. After the first 2-3 min run, get in there with a spoon and push down the residues that have assembled up in the corners. Mix it in well with the creamy mass in the bottom.
5. Run the processor again for another 1-3 minutes.
6. And repeat this process about 3-4 times. Let the processor run for longer and longer time for each cycle. And in the process, add more water to adjust the creaminess & consistency to the perfect level.
When you are satisfied with the consistency ( which requires at least at least 4 x 2-3 min mixing in the processor), transfer your herbal cream cheese into a clean jar.
You can store it in a refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
Spread it out on your raw, home made crisp bread and enjoy!
– Mehdi Nodehi
Originally posted @ Iterated Reality