Compiled by the School of Socio-Economics & Ecology faculty, staff and aligned fellows at the NewEarth University, a new-paradigm learning initiative of the NewEarth Project
NEU’s School of Socio-Economics & Ecology
is clearing pathways for unlimited abundance
while architecting the harmonic shift to a global gift-economy
that honors whole-system harvesting and regeneration of nature’s rich resources
NewEarth University’s School of Socio-Economics & Ecology was created to facilitate broad-spectrum research and development, and create curriculum by its esteemed faculty and fellows to engage in this seminal planetary conversation: Establishment of a flourishing global gift-economy that is ecologically anchored in harmonic and regenerative natural resources. The School is comprised of two disciplines that are inextricably bound to architect this major shift: Re-Sourced Economy, and Ecology & Regeneration. We honor the abundant Earth – she is sacred. Her currency is our currency.
As simple participants (human beings) in this sentient ecosystem, we aspire to fulfill the noble mission of the School of Socio-Economics & Ecology by:
- Developing and implementing cutting-edge course curriculum to inform the global conversation on a re-sourced gift-economy
- Creating and openly sharing a comprehensive toolkit from the School’s two disciplines of Re-Sourced Economy and Ecology & Regeneration
- Researching the best resources to embed in NEU’s Library that is open-sourced to assist all in building conscious communities
Discipline of Re-Sourced Economy
New Earth Economic Principles and Ethic: Nature’s Gift-Economy
Recognizing that the transition to a global gift-economy in harmony with nature’s rich resources need not be an agonizing one, the School’s discipline, Re-Sourced Economy engages in researching and developing strategies concerned with facilitating the delivery of alternative commerce mechanisms for trade & exchange. All are committed to availing those mechanisms in a considered fashion so as to avoid—or at least to bypass—the adverse effects of a much-feared, global financial collapse. Such mechanisms comprise and shall be delivered through the NewEarth Project’s related economic initiatives. Faculty, fellows and staff are also variously engaged with other external initiatives throughout the world, to be shared through curricula to facilitate the planetary conversation on the financial future of humanity.
Maintaining Balance – Optimal Utilization of Stewarded Resources
Inspired by, and in homage to the abundant nature that surrounds us, we understand that economic systems must be sentient, scaled, and suitable. Value must be discerned within and by the exchanging parties, absent outside influences, and must be explicitly offered and received. Value cannot be imposed by fiat and can in no manner be an agent of indenture or suppression.
The flow of value within the system must be scaled to number of engaging participants and to the productivity of the same. Perpetual growth (an attribute of malignant disease) and illusory excess (an attribute of ego) are set aside in favor of exchanges by and between rationale actors sharing common and aligned value understandings rendered in explicit form. Units of value are aligned with the nature of value in exchange. As often as possible, optimal utilization of stewarded resources is valued most highly when no surrogate of exchange (value temporarily stored as money) is required. In short, conscious actors engaging freely with each other are emancipated from the singular surrogacy of the previous monetary systems of indenture and exploitative malignant growth.
“Economic systems can be an outward manifestation of confidence and trust – the collective agreement between persons to store and transfer value. When these systems explicitly acknowledge the full range of costs (the accounting for all values of input) and benefits (the utility derived from interaction and consumption), they can serve as a constant reminder that we are participants within, not lords over, the abundance of our entire ecosystem. In our manifestation of the New Earth, we explicitly acknowledge the values derived from and expressed through commodities, customs & culture, knowledge, money, technology, and well-being. We commit to honor productive utility rather than the illusion of perpetual and unsustainable growth. We define wealth as the state in which maximum utility is accessible while preserving all future options for all future users without degradation or exhaustion.”
– Dr. David E. Martin – NEU Fellow / Economics Advisor
- To consciously honor the manifold abundance of nature, in all physical and intangible realms, while recognizing opportunities that emerge when the flow of value exchange – currency in its literal, flowing sense – is sentient and expressly honors all participating members in an ecosystem, including the ecosystem, itself.
- Create and implement unprecedented course curriculum to fulfill the purpose of Re-Sourced Economy within the NEU School of Socio-Economics & Ecology.
- Engage in research to support the School of Socio-Economics & Ecology
- Researching the best resources to embed in the NEU Library
Discipline of Ecology & Regeneration
Restoring Balance to the Planetary Biosphere While Empowering Humankind to Reclaim Its Rightful Place as Conscious Stewards of Earth
Nested in NEU’s School of Socio-Economics & Ecology is the discipline of Ecology & Regeneration (known simply as E & R). E & R faculty and associate fellows are women and men devoted to seminal research and development to facilitate a planetary ecological renaissance by supporting humankind in rediscovering its connection with nature. Accordingly, all work together harmoniously through principles and best practices that support us in this transformational journey – to once again walk on the earth with full health, justness, and wisdom as conscious co-creators and peaceful bringers of a new and enlightened society.
Specifically E & R members:
- Conduct R & D in full-spectrum principles and practices for organic, sustainable-living including: global change ecology, ecosystems functioning and stability, species interactions and biodiversity, permaculture, agroforestry, high performance ecologic, bio-dynamic and aquaponic systems for agriculture, mycology, composting techniques, use of beneficial micro-organisms to regenerate the soil’s life and purify the waters, efficient and creative systems to recycle gray waters and all kinds of materials, compost toilets and others.
- Provide consultancy and design-planning services for New Earth conscious communities, projects and initiatives that seek to protect, preserve, and regenerate the planetary biosphere.
- Do site impact assessments and analyses of proposed development projects.
- Support initiatives that endeavor to increase the presence of Nature and food gardens within the heart and surrounding urban environments, promoting participation of neighborhood projects.
- Support the reintroduction of appropriate ancestral/shamanic practices and medicines, determined to facilitate an expansion of consciousness and our re-alignment with the Laws of Nature.
- Having already met an objective to help ignite the Arks of Fire Initiative, now enacted in NE Communities (like NE Haven-Bali), fellows, faculty, and staff continue to support this fiery Revolution for Global Regeneration.
- Develop a Toolkit—including curricula of courses—to support NewEarth Communities in applying ecological and restorative practices in their lives and communities.
- Develop a scientific-sound framework for ecosystem’s restoration, aimed at increasing biological diversity and ecosystem resilience.
- Research the best resources, including establishment of world seed banks and database, to embed in the NEU Library.
- Research and report on Homa-Farming’s potential to improve environmental conditions in anthropogenic and natural landscapes mainly aimed at organic, biologic and biodynamic, food and fiber production (e.g. permaculture, organic farming).
Excerpted from pages of the NewEarth University portal.
School of Socio-Economics & Ecology